Background of the food: Origin: Number of Servings, for how many people, and approximate cooking time: Summary:
Background of the food:
- Fresh Linguini with Lemon and Pecorino is a light and refreshing pasta dish that is perfect for a summertime meal. The combination of fresh pasta, lemon, and pecorino cheese creates a delicate balance of flavors that is both delicious and satisfying.
- While it is not clear where this specific dish originated, pasta with lemon and pecorino is a classic Italian combination that has been enjoyed for generations.
Number of Servings, for how many people, and approximate cooking time:
- This recipe serves four people and takes approximately 20-25 minutes to prepare and cook.
- 1 pound fresh linguini
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese, plus more for serving
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Cooking Instruction:
- Cook the fresh linguini in a large pot of salted boiling water according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the cooked linguini to the skillet, along with the grated pecorino cheese, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the linguini until well coated in the sauce.
- Serve hot with additional grated pecorino cheese and chopped parsley for garnish.
- Fresh Linguini with Lemon and Pecorino is a classic Italian pasta dish that is light and refreshing. This recipe serves four people and takes approximately 20-25 minutes to prepare and cook. It combines fresh pasta, lemon, and pecorino cheese to create a delicate balance of flavors that is both delicious and satisfying. It is perfect for a summertime meal and can be garnished with fresh parsley for an extra pop of flavor.